Monday, December 7, 2015

Cozy Home 2015 Christmas!

I have been decorating for Christmas a bit, and will be turning off the lights and snuggling up with a cup of tea once I share pics of what I've done with the place so far...  It's always a work in progress, and we've got some little Elves that keep suggesting we do "festive" stuff... so who knows what kind of plans they've got for us... see below!

Nuts & oranges. A nod to St. Nikolaus, and what he leaves in children's shoes.

Nordmann Fir.  This is Germany's favorite Christmas tree.

I might make a sign that says "joy to the world!" to go by the globes...

Scored this star for FREE at the recycling center our first year here.

Hubby and I used this as our first Chrismas tree 17 years ago!  Same ornaments. ;) 
Outside the door of our apartment, I keep this branch up all year and switch out the decorations with the seasons.  

This year, I kept the birdhouses up and made them look winter-y.  

I fell in love with these wooden hanging decorations when I visited Bavaria.  Can't get enough of them! 

The star garland was made last year from salt-dough ornaments.  

This paper star was 3 Euro at Zimmerman's--the German version of Big Lots.

I knit this garland back when I lived in Alaska--2010.  It's an easy pattern, and the only knitting project I've completed! 

The stairwell at night.

Made this wreath with some garland that didn't work on this year's tree. 

12-years ago, a friend gave me this "peace" wall-hanging when I told her I grew up with
one JUST like it!  It reminds me of my Mom when I take it out every Christmas.
I added it to an old Hobby Lobby wreath and used these pine cones we collected
and spray-painted from our yard in North Carolina in 2011.  

Our kindness elves holding a note in their message basket telling us we should
"hang out" and relax for together time on Sunday.
They make many suggestions for spreading
kindness and love throughout the Advent season.
But only on day's we're not too busy.  They're good like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment