Monday, February 11, 2013

There's a Place for Long Status Updates. It's Called a Blog.

So, there are times when a Facebook status update just won't cut it.  There have been a LOT of those in the last few months, but moving and settling, home schooling, and sickness, and trying to make new habits stick (get my face out of the computer screen and deeper into the Bible) make it so finding words to describe life would take too much work. Then to try to type them out... the thought is overwhelming.  Sometimes I can almost taste the desire to write something and put it out there, but I want it to be "good."  And I know that there are the perfect words, but wringing them out of my frazzled brain at the end of a very full day is daunting. So, I vow to not be too critical of myself, not to expect too much of myself, and just write it (even though there may be more engrossing prose elsewhere).   And when words are slow in coming, I'll just post some of my favorite pictures of my favorite memories and people.

Because long Facebook status updates with too many details are one of my pet peeves. But I tend to write more than my share of them...

This is the beauty on the inside. 

This is the plain, unassuming outside.  You CAN'T judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks to the McP and Lewis girls, this week has been a SWEET one.

Spencer.

Will's favorite game at Great Wolf Lodge's "Northern Lights Arcade." He beat that computer over and over, and earned a record of 420 tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment