Thursday, September 6, 2012

Twitchy. Time to write. Testimony!

My fingers have been twitchy.  Like they wanted to either write or play the piano.  I think I type better than I play the piano, though.  I've given most of my computer time to Chapel these few months.  I've been watching YouTube videos of preschool songs, so I can remind myself of those distant days.  I'm watching DVDs that have the lessons. I'm carefully crafting "help-me-please" e-mails that, amazingly, are reaping results. It was something that I didn't want to do; take on the challenge of too many kids and not enough helpers.  But after several hours every week for the last 4 months (wow)... I have 40 people who have indicated they're willing to help out every once in a while, and several who have done so faithfully.  There are 50 kids who come from time to time... thankfully not all at the same time!  I started breaking the class up into segments for each person to take (instead of one teacher for the whole class with helpers to usher the kids), I have an MC, Song Leader, Craft Leader, Activity Leader, and assistants.  I need about 8 people each week to keep the kids on track.  We normally have 30 kids per week.  3- to 5-year-olds.  Many of them on the young side of 3.  Many who need laps on which to sit. Or chasing down from the tables/sinks/tote boxes.  And they love to tell stories. To run. To chase. To throw. To sing. To craft. To see the Bible Adventure. To be loved.  And I've loved submitting my will to God and learning that it's WORTH the effort. And I don't have to do it all.  There are many, many people who can share the load and help do more than "manage" the group.  We minister. Miraculously. And I am so grateful for my volunteers.  But I'm more grateful to God for not letting me get away with saying "NO." I would have felt downright miserable to know that I was not submitting to His call.  He was asking me for SO long to take it on.  And once I did take it on, I was overwhelmed with ideas, energy, and passion for the task.  It is a sacrifice.  A responsibility outside of my own family and home.  There's never enough time to clean my home spotlessly, cook perfect meals, fold the laundry, always speak kindly to my children, and do everything else the way I wish I could get it done.  But the things that matter, the eternal things, ARE getting done. Kids are meeting Jesus.  Workers are learning to give of their time and their talent. God is multiplying our efforts. And it's worth every moment. If you're feeling led of God (not compelled by guilt--an entirely different feeling) to do something you really don't feel like you can do, or even want to do... Pray.  Trust Him to provide for you. More than you can ask or think.  I close with this verse from Ephesians 3:20-21:
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! It is so INSPIRING! I have been wanting to start my own Preschool whether at church or somewhere else. I have this passion and so much excitement but do not know where to start or how to go about it lol Melissa Boyce
    Miss u at church girly girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, He who began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. The same God who gave you that desire will give you the means, energy, and inspiration to begin, and complete the task! And I'm glad you enjoyed the entry. I've really been juggling a lot lately, and it seems my blog was the first thing to get set aside to keep the other balls from falling.

    ReplyDelete